Electric Quarterly Report Training Conference
May 25-26, 2022
May 25-26, 2022
Due to high demand, an additional training session has been scheduled for June 2-3, 2022.
Energy Compliance Consulting will be holding a virtual EQR training conference on May 25 and 26, 2022. This training can introduce new filers to the EQR and will help current filers to learn more about the data requirements to ensure compliance with FERC’s rules.
The training will be conducted using Zoom. The training will be six hours each day beginning at 9:30 each day CDT. The training will be focused on compliance with all of FERC’s EQR requirements. Once participants sign up for a session, they will be mailed an EQR Users Manual, a comprehensive manual that pulls together all of the current EQR requirements and walks the user through the filing process. The manual is very detailed and is continually updated to keep pace with regulatory changes and evolving guidance from FERC.
Barbara Bourque will lead all of the sessions. The training will include an overview of FERC, a brief discussion of the history and reasons for the EQR, and work through the entire EQR preparation, review and submission process, including uploading data using FERC’s web portal, dealing with error messages, and ensuring that filings are complete and correct. The training will address not only filing mechanics, but also include a detailed discussion of what needs to be included in the EQR to ensure that your utility’s data complies with all of FERC’s requirements. Participants can submit questions prior to the conference or ask them during the sessions. The conference will include the following sessions:
- Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. CDT:
- Introduction to FERC. This session will provide an overview of the FERC, including information about its offices and functions; information about FERC’s enforcement policies and civil penalties; a review of FERC’s website, including an introduction to eLibrary and the EQR site; and an overview of FERC tariffs, rate schedules, and service agreements, including eTariff.
- Introduction/Overview of the EQR. This session will start with general information about the EQR, how the data are used, and some high-level concepts useful for filing.
- ID and Contract Data. The Contract data discussion will take a detailed look at each Contract data element to help filers understand what is required for a variety of contract types – including master agreements, PPAs, retail supply (POLR), transmission, and interconnection agreements.
- Reporting capacity reassignments
- Thursday, May 26, 2022, 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. CDT
- Transaction data. The Transaction data discussion will take a detailed look at each Transaction data element to help filers understand what is required for a variety of transaction types, including ISO sales, PPA sales, renewable issues, and more.
- Compiling, formatting, reviewing data and uploading data files.
- Index Price Reporting.
- Filing Issues and billing adjustments
- FERC Audits
The cost of the training is $995 for all sessions. You can register online below or contact Barb to register over the phone or with a check through the mail.
For companies training multiple employees, a 10% discount is given to additional employees from the same company. (The additional employees should contact Barb at Barb@EnergyComplianceConsulting.com or 602.680.7980 to register at the discounted rate – it is not available for on-line registrations.) Companies considering sending multiple employees may wish to inquire about having EQR training performed just for their utility. Training can be customized to focus on relevant areas, and issues can be raised confidentially. It may be more cost-effective if you have multiple employees attending.
Note: There is only one space left for the May 25-26 session. That space will be filled by the first person who emails a request Barb@EnergyComplianceConsulting.com on May 19. To accommodate the demand, another session will be held on June 2-3, 2022.
Due to the high demand for EQR training, we have added a session which will be held on June 2-3. The times and agendas will be the same as the May sessions.
If you must cancel, you may substitute an attendee for no additional charge. Cancellations with no substitutions will receive a 50% refund.